Patients come to Presence Saint Joseph Hospital Bob & Edna Meadows Regional Cancer Care Center for cancer treatment because our level of treatment exceeds that of other area hospitals.
Our technology remains state-of-the-art because we continually upgrade it by adding the latest advancements. The finest medical and radiation oncologists, nurses, and other skilled professionals join our staff because they share our mission of healing and hope and our vision of giving patients the most effective care available.
Our treatment options include all the inpatient and outpatient therapies offered at other area hospitals as well as some available only at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital. Among them are these and many others:
- Chemotherapy, which for most patients has become much more manageable and with fewer side-effects than ever before
- Skilled surgeons and advanced surgical suites
- A 13-bed, comprehensive, patient- and family-friendly inpatient cancer unit designed to meet every patient’s individual needs, provide personal support, and enhance each person’s quality of life
- Linear-accelerator-based radiation therapy, including Image-Guided Radiation Therapy, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy and Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Brachytherapy, providing ultrasound-guided seed implantation
- Strontium-90 beta-eye irradiation, a type of radiotherapy used to treat pterygium, a thickening of the conjunctiva in the eye
Call 847-931-5520 to speak directly to a caregiver or to schedule a tour.