Designed for women, by women, The Presence Saint Joseph Hospital Women's Heart Center is dedicated to providing women comprehensive, individualized cardiovascular risk assessments and education to empower individuals to reduce their risk of cardiovascular diseases.
The Center combines education, cardiovascular risk assessment, individual patient and family histories and one-to-one personalized cardiac nurse consultations to raise awareness and promote cardiovascular health.
The Women's Heart Center Cardiovascular Risk Screening includes:
- Heart disease risk survey with personalized report
- Review of health history
- Review of family history
- Blood pressure testing
- Ankle/Brachial Index (ABI)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Body composition/body fat analysis
- Screening blood test assessment for:
· Total cholesterol
· LDL or "bad" cholesterol
· HDL or "good" cholesterol
· Glucose (blood sugar)
- Review of results and individualized action plan with cardiology nurse
- Physician referral as needed
- Individualized recommendations for preventive healthy lifestyle changes
- Follow-up report and phone calls
For more information including cost or to set up your appointment at the Women's Heart Center at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, call 847-931-5514.