Helping families in Illinois & Indiana who are dealing with Alzheimer's
The Illiana Alzheimer's Alliance supports families dealing with Alzheimer's and dementia through Presence United Samaritans Medical Center's Foundation.
Who We Are
We are a committed group of volunteers who have personal experience in dealing with Alzheimer's and dementia. We understand the struggles of everyday life and are committed to providing support and information in our community and for other families during this difficult season of life.
Join us for Basket BINGO & More on October 10! It's our FUN-draiser!
Support and encouragement to Alzheimer's victims, their families and caregivers
Education and training for our community
Limited respite/assistive devices to caregivers
Alzheimer's research at the SIU School of Medicine in Springfield, IL
Who We Serve
The Illiana Alzheimer's Fund is designed to assist patients and families in East Central Illinois, and Western Indiana.
What We Do
Family Encouragement - We know from experience how challenging it can be caring for a loved one with dementia. We work with victims, families, and caregivers to support and encourage this diffificult but rewarding season of life.
Community Resource - We provide education and training for our community, medical professionals, and families dealing with dementia. We bring the latest research and information to the people who need it most.
More than 200 people attended our 2012 Caregivers Conference!
Practical Assistance - We know that sometimes people need a hand. On a limited basis currently, we are pleased to provide respite/assistive devices to caregivers.
Research - We believe that the future holds the promise that other families can be spared of dealing with dementia. We support Alzheimer's research at the SIU School of Medicine in Springfifi eld, IL.
What You Can Do
It takes a community of people to effectively deal with Alzheimer's. We need people who understand what it means to come alongside and support this critical need. Your support will change a life, perhaps for you or someone you know. Your gift is fully tax deductible.
For more information related to Alzheimer's call Presence United Samaritans Medical Center Senior Services at 217.477.2771.
The Truth About Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States. Every 688 seconds, someone in America develops Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 5.4 million Americans have Alzheimer's disease; almost two-thirds of those affected are women. This number will continue to grow due to longer life expectancy and aging baby-boomers. By 2050, this number could reach 11-16 million.
- Increasing age is the greatest risk factor for Alzheimer's. One in eight individuals over 65 have Alzheimer's disease and nearly half of all people age 85 and older have the disease.
- More than 7 out of 10 people with Alzheimer's live at home, where more than 80% of their care is unpaid and delivered by family members or friends.
- Payments for health care, long term care, and hospice for people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementia are projected to increase from $200 billion in 2012 to $1.1 trillion in 2050.
Source: Alzheimer's Association
Alzheimer's Resource Information
Helpline: 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week, Trained Professionals
Alzheimer's Evaluation Appointment
SIU Memory and Aging Clinic