Emergency Services Around The Clock
Our dedicated team of physicians, nurses and support staff are here 24 hours a day to provide excellent care to everyone who comes to us for medical treatment. Our emergency services team cared for more than 35,000 people during the past year.
We provide advanced emergency, cardiac and orthopedic care, as well as diagnostic imaging and laboratory services.
We understand that being in an emergency department is stressful, and that everyone has an illness or injury that concerns them. Our goal is to provide excellent care as quickly and safely as possible.
In an emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately. Do not attempt to drive yourself, or have a family member or friend take you to the hospital.
Adults without dental insurance are being left untreated and end up visiting the emergency rooms where there is not much that can be done. Dental care in the Champaign-Urbana community is a growing issue and Presence Covenant Medical Center is taking a proactive approach to addressing this community problem. Read more about what Presence Covenant is doing for the community here.
Presence Covenant Medical Center received full accreditation with PCI from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) on September 18, 2013. Presence Covenant first received a three-year accreditation in 2010; this most recent accreditation expires in three more years.
The Accredited Chest Pain Center at Presence Covenant Medical Center has demonstrated its expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and undergoing an onsite review by a team of SCPC’s accreditation review specialists. Key areas in which an Accredited Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include the following:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the competence and training of Accredited Chest Pain Center personnel
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting the community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
For more information on the Presence Covenant Emergency Room, please call 217.337.2131.