The mission of Faith in Action is to provide spiritual, emotional, and physical assistance to seniors with long-term health needs and their caregivers. This help is provided through an interfaith network of trained volunteers of all ages, from congregations and organizations in the community.
- Age 55 or over
- Reside in Champaign County
- A home visit must be made prior to receiving services
- No charge; services are free, but tax deductible donations are gratefully accepted
What we offer seniors
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Light Housekeeping
- Friendly Home Visits
- Friendly Telephone Visits
- Minor Home Repairs
- Assistance with Shopping/Errands
- Fall Yard Clean Up
- Temporary Relief of Caregivers
Limitations of Service
- Volunteers are not able to transport wheelchairs, administer medications, perform personal care services, or provide services on a daily basis.
- Services are by appointment only. Please call 217.337.2778 as far in advance as possible; a minimum of 4 days notice is required.
Ways to get involved
- Request assistance for yourself or someone you care about
- Volunteer any amount of time to do a task that fits your lifestyle
- Donate any amount to help us continue to meet the needs of area senior citizens
Faith in Action is supported by charitable donations and grant funding. Individual, organizational, congregational, business, and foundation support is gratefully accepted and appreciated. All gifts, donations, and bequests are deductible under Federal and State Law. Checks are payable to: Presence Covenant Foundation - Faith in Action.
For more information, please contact Kandi Hall at 217.337.2778, FIA@presencehealth.org. If you would like to volunteer or help, or could use the assistance of a volunteer, please call 217.337.2778.