Provena Saint Joseph Hospital Employee Assistance Program partners with area companies to help employees realize their full potential and to also assist them in facing difficult life challenges.
We offer 24-hour availability and toll-free telephone access. Our licensed clinical staff provides confidential services.
What events prompt an employee to use Provena Health EAP?
Many positive and negative life stresses lead employees to talk with an EAP professional. Common stressful life events include:
- A baby’s arrival
- Sending a child to college
- Job transfer, promotion or loss
- Employee or family member health concerns
- Financial or legal issues
Employees and/or their family members may also seek EAP support with personal concerns including:
- Substance abuse
- Compulsive gambling
- Eating disorders
- Grief over the loss of a loved one
Provena Health EAP confidentially responds to any concern presented by an employee. The EAP professional and the employee identify resources and strategies for managing and conquering life’s challenges.
Provena Health EAP supports your management staff with workplace concerns that include: harassment, violence, employee discipline, interpersonal conflict, crisis and trauma. The EAP professional may provide consultation, guidance and training for your managers.
How does this impact my company?
A study, sponsored by the Health Enhancement Research Organization, surveyed more than 46,000 workers at several U.S. companies.
The study concluded the following:
- More than 20% of the employees surveyed were either highly stressed or depressed.
- These employees averaged approximately 49% higher health costs.
- The highly stressed employees had medical claims that averaged 46% higher than those without high stress.
Other studies have shown that companies offering an EAP experience have:
- 14% higher productivity
- 28% savings on mental health benefits
- 35% lower turnover
- 75% reduction in inpatient alcohol and other drug abuse treatment costs
Provena Health EAP serves more that 40 companies and nearly 10,000 employees in and around the Fox Valley area. Why do these companies choose Provena Health EAP?
- Provena Health EAP offers a clinical staff with over 60 years combined experience and all EAP professionals are licensed clinicians.
- The staff collaborates with an extensive network of expert resources.
- Our responsive clinical staff offers the initial face-to-face appointment within 48 hours of being contacted by the employee.
- EAP professionals accommodate the employer’s needs by offering appointments before or after work hours.
- Employees can meet at any one of our convenient locations in Elgin, Aurora, Huntley, and Lake in the Hills, Carpentersville, Yorkville and Naperville.
- Provena Health EAP is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Services may be provided in Spanish.
How can my company get in touch with Provena Health EAP?
Provena Health EAP
2201 Randall Road
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Provena Health EAP
1325 N. Highland Avenue
Aurora, IL 60506